BLOOMINGTON, Ill -- A local food pantry and soup kitchen is in desperate need of donations to fill a large goal.
Clare House in Bloomington is nearing the end of its fall food drive, but is well below its goal.
The food pantry is wanting to collect 9 semi-truckloads of food by midnight, Wednesday, November 21st.
That amount of food would be enough to keep the pantry and soup kitchen running through next year. However, with only 8 days left, the pantry has only collect 35 percent of its goal.
Officials with Clare House say even with the short deadline, they believe the goal can be filled.
"We're not asking for people to give a lot. We're just asking people to give what they can," said Tina Sipula, Director of Clare House. "Even one can can feed two people, so everybody can afford at least a can. We figure if everybody gives one can good we could reach our goal for the year."
If you would like to donate you can do so at Schnucks stores in Bloomington and Normal, any of the Extreme Motor Dealerships, or at Clare House.
Additional drop-off locations include:
* Wiebring Gold Club, ISU, 800 Gregory St., Normal IL, Contact Laura Provost 309-438-8065
* ISU Fitness Center, 347 S. University, Normal, IL, Contact Valerie Curtis 309-438-7058
* Talbots, 1515 E. Empire St, Bloomington, IL, Contact Alayna Getchell 309-662-6873 (W), 309-533-5226 (Cell)
* Morris Tick, 501 E. Stewart St, Bloomington, IL, 309-828-6084
* Steve Haas, State Farm Agent, 2315 E. Empire, Bloomington, IL 61704, 309-662-3456
* Jem’s Hair Studio and Spa, 1328 E. Empire, Bloomington, IL, 309-665-0075 (collecting year-round)
* Resurrection Lutheran Church, 4114 E. Oakland, Bloomington, IL 61704, 309-663-8252, (collecting year-round, drop-off box outside of church)