NORMAL, Ill. -- A chimney fire caused significant damage to a Normal residence on Saturday.
Normal Fire Department authorities say they responded to a call around 9:17 p.m. from the residents at 1005 Gregory Street.
When they arrived on scene around a minute later, they discovered smoke coming from the home.
Extra help from the Bloomington Fire Department and the Rapid Intervention Team was called in to assist firefighters.
All of the home's residents were able to escape without injury.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.