UNITED STATES -- Nearly 900,000 Illinois residents are diagnosed with diabetes.
As many as 40 percent of patients are living with the disease and do not even know.
Wednesday, November 14 is Illinois Diabetes Awareness Day.
In partnership with the Illinois Diabetes Policy Coalition, medical facilities acrosst the state are offering free diabetes screenings to Illinois residents.
Click here to visit the Illinois Diabetes Policy Coalition website.
The following are locations offering free diabetes screenings:
1. Rep. Dan Brady at St Joseph Hospital, Bloomington 10:45a.m. to 12 p.m.
2. Leader Tom Cross and Governor Pat Quinn at JRTC at 100 W. Randolph from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Partnership with the National Kidney Foundation.
3. Rep. Tom Cross at Oswego School District Administration Building 4175 Route 71 Oswego, Il from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in partnership with Rush Copley Hospital.
4. David Harris at Village Bank & Trust in Arlington Hts. from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Partnership with Lutheran General Hospital
5. Rep. Kay Hatcher at Earthmover Credit Union 2195 Baseline Road Oswego, Il from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. in partnership with Provena Mercy Medical Center.
6. Rep. David Leitch Public Screening at Hult Health Education Center in partnership with Proctor Hospital from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
7. Rep. Wayne Rosenthal at Taylorville Hospital from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
8. Pam Roth at Morris Hospital 7-9 a.m. in the main lobby at Morris Hospital, 150 W. High Street, Morris.
9. Pam Roth at Morris Channahan in Suite 100 at the Morris Hospital Ridge Road Campus, 27240 W. Saxony Drive, Channahon from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
10. Sen. Ron Sandack at Downers Grove Park District Recreation and Fitness Center located at 4500 Belmont Road in Downers Grove, IL 60515 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in partnership with Good Samaritan Hospital.
11. Joe Sosnowski from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at Swedish American Medical Center/Belvidere, located at 1625 S. State Street in Belvidere, near the corner of US-20 and S. State Street.
12. Mike Unes at Graham Hospital at 210 W. Walnut St. Canton Il 61520 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30p.m.
13. Rush Hospital Noon to 3 p.m. at Rush University Medical Center, Tower Resource
Center 1620 W. Harrison Street, Suite 04527, Chicago, IL 60612
14. Humbolt Park Diabetes Center
15. Sinai Community Institute 2653 west Ogden Ave Chicago Il 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
16. Monticello Walgreens 108 N. Market Street Monticello Il all day.PRIVATE
17. Rep. Adam Brown at Agri-Fab in partnership with Decatur Memorial Hospital from 9a.m. to 12 p.m.
18. Rep. Michael Connelly at Navistar in Partnership with Edward Hospital from 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
19. Sen. Pam Althoff and Rep. Mike Tryon at Metalmasters from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in partnership with Centegra Hospital.
20. David Leitch at Maui Jim from 10 to 11 in Partnership with Novo Nordisk.
21. Rep. Darlene Senger at BP in Naperville from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Partnership with Edward Hospital.