Paying for potholes: how you could be reimbursed for car damage

By WEEK Creative Services

February 24, 2014 Updated Feb 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM CDT

PEORIA, Ill. -- Peoria city officials are reporting the largest spike in reported potholes in nearly a decade.

Since the first of this year, more than 125 pothole claims have been filed with the city.

You can call Peoria's Public Works Department if you damage your car hitting a pothole on city streets. The city manager said if the pothole is already on record as a problem, you could be reimbursed for damages.

You can reach the public works department at (309) 494-8800.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.