You could have unclaimed money from IRS

By WEEK Reporter

April 13, 2014 Updated Apr 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM CDT

PEORIA, Ill. -- You don't have a lot of time left to file your taxes.

Your returns have to be post marked or e-filed by midnight Tuesday.

But your best bet is to file online if you haven't already started.

And while you're filing this year's taxes you should also double check that you've filed in years past.

There is a three year statute of limitation to request a refund from the IRS.

That means time is running out to get your refund for 2010.

"There are millions of dollars sitting in the treasury, waiting for someone to file a tax return and claim that refund. So if you didn't file a 2010 return, you've only got until April 15th of this year to file a return, claim that refund -- or it's not your money anymore," said Michael Devine with the Internal Revenue Service

If you no longer have the paperwork for 2010 you can still file.
Just go to to get your information and the necessary forms.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.