Unattended candle to blame for Normal apartment fire

By WEEK Reporter

Unattended candle to blame for Normal apartment fire

April 5, 2013 Updated Apr 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM CDT

NORMAL, Ill. -- A fire started by an unattended candle caused approximately $20,000 damage to an apartment on Normal’s north side Thursday.

Normal Firefighters responded to the report of a fire in an apartment on the second floor of 623 W. Orlando Avenue at 2:00pm.

A small fire was discovered in the rear bathroom of the apartment. A sprinkler head in the bedroom had activated and stopped the fire from spreading into the rest of the apartment.

The damages to the apartment and contents are estimated at $20,000. There were no injuries.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.