GALESBURG, Ill. -- You may start seeing a lot more flashing yellow arrows in intersections across central Illinois.
The Illinois Department of Transportation says it will continue to install the left turn arrows at intersections in Galesburg.
According to information from IDOT, a national study showed that drivers make fewer mistakes when such yellow arrows are used. The lights mean to use caution while turning left as oncoming traffic has the green light.
- Main Street and Linwood (this intersection is scheduled for completion in early 2013);
- Linwood Road and Monmouth Boulevard;
- Henderson Street and Carl Sandburg Drive;
- Henderson Street and Home Boulevard;
- Henderson Street and Dayton Street;
- Henderson Street and Fremont Street;
- Henderson Street and Losey Street;
- Henderson Street and Main Street;
- Seminary Street and US 34 ramp;
- Main Street and Academy Street; and
- Lake Storey Road and US 150 (this intersection is completed but not activated at this time).