Clothes dryer starts Pekin house fire

By Corey Spencer

Clothes dryer starts Pekin house fire

April 19, 2012 Updated Oct 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM CDT

PEKIN, Ill -- A clothes dryer may be to blame in a fire Thursday night in Pekin. Pekin Fire Department captain Dan Heisel says a resident of the home at 1425 13th street in Pekin called 9-1-1 after she saw flames coming out of her clothes dryer.

When the Pekin Fire Department arrived the entire house was filled with smoke. The fire department managed to contain the fire to the basement, where the clothes dryer was located, but the entire house has smoke and heat damage.

There were no injuries in the fire.

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the 2 adults and 4 children affected by the fire.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.