Obituaries: Your Experts
Henderson Funeral Home
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours daily
Creating meaningful funeral and cremation servicesHenderson Funeral Home promises to treat those we serve with respect, compassion and dignity. We will walk with you through the process of creating a meaningful and personalized memorial for your loved one. We will take care of the details, allowing you to concentrate on the celebration of your loved one's life. Our greatest desire is that those we serve feel comforted, at peace, and feel like they didn't walk alone.
We are pleased to provide your family with a large selection of casket styles to suit every individual taste. As with all of the services we offer, the Henderson family encourages you to customize traditional funeral services to reflect the unique life of your passed loved one. We will help your family personalize the service with photographs, memory boards, a Remembrance Videos and other personal items that signify the cherished life of your loved one.
We often find that families incorrectly believe that they have fewer ceremony options if they choose cremation for themselves or a loved one. On the contrary, there are possibly even more memorial options available to those who desire cremation as opposed to burial. Cremation offers families the flexibility to customize meaningful tributes that reflect the life of their passed loved one. Additionally, traditional funeral services can still be held for those who have chosen to be cremated.
Henderson Funeral Home offers a wide variety of funeral prearrangement options. The Henderson family will help you make important decisions about your prearrangements and determine precisely what type of services you desire, no matter how simple or elaborate. This ensures that there are no surprises when your time comes and your exact wishes will be followed down to even the smallest detail.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of a funeral?
- Funerals fill an important role for those mourning the loss of a loved one. By providing surviving family members and friends a caring, supportive environment in which to share thoughts and feelings about the death, funerals are the first step in the healing process. The ritual of attending a funeral service provides many benefits including:
- Providing a social support system for the bereaved
- Helping the bereaved understand death is final and that death is part of life
- Integrating the bereaved back into the community
- Easing the transition to a new life after the death of a loved one
- Providing a safe haven for embracing and expressing pain
- Reaffirming one's relationship with the person who died
- Providing a time to say good-bye
- It is possible to have a full funeral service even for those choosing cremation. The importance of the ritual is in providing a social gathering to help the bereaved begin the healing process.
- Is it possible to plan a funeral in advance?
- We recommend that everyone preplan his or her own funeral. Doing so can offer emotional and financial security for both you and your family. By preplanning a funeral you will get the kind of service you want and your family will be unburdened from making decisions at a stressful time. Preplanning doesn't necessarily mean prepaying. If you are considering preplanning your funeral, please visit the Pre-arrangement section of our website www.hendersonfuneralcare.com or contact us at 309-347-4157.
- Are pre-arrangements transferable?
- In our mobile society it is important that people understand that they may move their pre-arrangements from one funeral provider to another. We will make it easy by notifying the insurance company or bank of your wishes if you have funded the arrangements. We will also contact your listed funeral home to have the personal information transferred. You need not contact or face the current funeral provider.
- Can I still have a funeral service if I choose cremation?
- Yes. Cremation opens the doors to a number of different funeral options. From traditional services to contemporary celebrations, cremation gives you the flexibility to personalize the services for yourself or a loved one. To learn more about cremation, please contact us at www.hendersonfuneralcare.com or 309-347-4157.