Obituaries: Your Experts
Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory
Pekin, IL 61554
405 Rusche St
Creve Coeur, IL 61610
Specializing in personalized funeral and cremation servicesPreston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory has been providing funeral and cremation services to area families for over 75 years. Locally owned and operated, Preston-Hanley has chapels in Pekin and Creve Coeur, along with a private crematory. The licensed funeral directors and certified crematory operators at Preston-Hanley take pride in anticipating families’ needs before, during and after the time of service. They specialize in offering a variety of funeral and cremation options in beautiful, spacious chapels with handicap-accessible facilities.
Whether before or at the time of need, Preston-Hanley helps to set the high standards for funeral and cremation services with pre-planning expertise, compassionate care, competitive pricing, online planning and obituaries, multimedia capabilities, personalized tributes, and a reputation for excellence.
From pre-planning and pre-funding options through Pathway from Pekin Insurance to a variety of options in funeral and cremation services, Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory offers the utmost in service and attention to detail.
Unlike most funeral homes that outsource cremation, Preston-Hanley owns and operates our very own private crematory. Plus, all of our licensed funeral directors are also certified crematory operators. We are also the exclusive provider of Pathway from Pekin Insurance in Pekin, ensuring value by determining our own costs. As a local, family owned and operated funeral home, our prices are based solely on what's fair and reasonable for our community. Unlike the growing number of other funeral homes, we have not sold out to an international conglomerate and we are not a subsidiary of any corporation. Therefore, we do not answer to a board of directors whose first responsibility is to their shareholders. We only answer to the families we serve. That’s why we can offer pre-payment options, with single payments or payments over 3, 5, 7 or even 10 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why choose a family owned and operated funeral home?
- It can make a difference in the personal service and support your family receives. At Preston-Hanley, we don’t have an out-of-town parent company telling us what we can and cannot do. Decisions are made right here by the same people you are directly dealing with on every aspect of your loved one’s funeral. In addition, because the Hanley name is on the sign, families in our care can trust that we will provide the same dignity, care and compassion that we would expect for our own family. After all, our personal reputation is at stake. That’s accountability. At Preston-Hanley, we literally live with our decisions. We see the families we serve in the grocery store, at church, and in other places in the community. When we do, we are able to look them in the eye because we know that we’ve treated them right.
- When I made my pre-arrangements, the funeral home was locally owned. Although the home is still operated under the same name, I know it's now owned by a large conglomerate. I prefer to keep my money in my hometown. Can I transfer to Preston-Hanley?
- Yes. Our staff is experienced in transferring all types of pre-arrangements. We can prepare the necessary paperwork and provide copies of your new arrangements so that you can be assured your wishes will be carried out. Our funeral directors discuss all your plans and make transferring your pre-arrangements a smooth and simple process. Because we are locally owned and operated, you can feel comfortable knowing that the same people who handle your pre-arrangement will also take care of your loved one's funeral.
- I've heard a lot about burial services, but very little about cremations. I'd like to learn what's involved in the cremation process. Can you help me?
- Yes. At Preston-Hanley, we can offer your family the opportunity to have a traditional visitation and/or funeral service before cremation or cremation followed by a memorial service with facilities for private or public services. What's more, we don't outsource cremation like so many other funeral homes because we own and operate our own private crematory.
- If I make pre-arranged plans, can you assure that my wishes are carried out?
- Yes. When you choose to pre-fund your funeral through our Pathway plan from Pekin Insurance, you'll receive a written letter of guarantee. It gives you the assurance that the services you have selected will be provided according to your wishes, and at no additional cost to your loved ones. At Preston-Hanley, you can feel confident knowing that the arrangements you have selected are what you will receive. Call us today to make an appointment with one of our five professionals to pre-arrange your funeral.
- Why is Preston-Hanley a good value?
- As a local, family owned and operated funeral home, our competitive prices are based solely on what's fair and reasonable for our community. Unlike the growing number of other funeral homes, we have not sold out to an international conglomerate like SCI. We are not a subsidiary of any corporation. Therefore, we do not answer to a board of directors whose first responsibility is to their shareholders. We only answer to the families we serve.