Bubba & Sissy

Bad Car Accident

In the year 2004 Me and my husband was in a really bad car accident. We were dating at the time and we drove to new london missouri and dropped off his nephew and his nephews mom. After we dropped them off we went down the street and was at a stop sign and seen this little woman walking down the street with a walker and i waited for a few minutes to make sure she made it across the street and when she was where i thought she would be safe i pulled out onto 1st street where the speed limit is 25. As we came to the top of a slight upgrade hill all i remember was saying Holy S***! and the next thing i remember was waking up and telling my boyfriend that i had a bad headache today and didnt want to get out of bed and when i opened my eyes i then realized what had happen. I looked over at him and to me he looked like he was dead. i started to freak out and scream. the door would not open for anything. it was stuck. there was young guys running around the car trying to open the doors. finally my door was opened and i jumped out and thought i was going to get him out of the car, when i collapsed behind the car and then i remember waking up to the paramedics telling me that i was in a bad wreck and that i needed to stay still. they wouldnt tell me how my boyfriend was doing at all. as far as i knew he died. They finally got him out of the car with the jaws of life. and it took them 45 minutes to get him out. when we finally got to the hospital and i was stable enough to be awake and talk they still wouldnt tell me if he had died or what. so i tried to get up and walk to go see him. i couldn't i had 8 broken ribs my liver, lungs, and kidneys were badly bruised. His aunt di came in and told me that he was hurt really bad and they were taking him to st louis where he could get the treatnment he needed. it took awhile for me to heal enough where i could go see him. He was in surgery for 7 hours. His hip was broke both of his femurs were broke and his knees were shattered. he was put on life support and didnt know if he was going to make it. After 2 1/2 weeks on life support he started to get better. We found out that his grandma had past away one night and then the next morning he was taken off life support and he continued to get better he was able to come home after 10 days in physical rehab. he was in a wheel chair for 6 months and i took care of him the entire time. he came home on febuary 10 and it was the best valentines present i ever got. the day after valentines he asked me to marry him.. of course i said yes! From then on we have been together ever since.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

You have indicated this comment should be removed.


The comment has been submitted for review. Thank you .

KT says ... on Friday, Jun 18 at 9:19 AM

What an amazing story! I wish you and your family continues happiness!

bstrong says ... on Monday, Jun 14 at 10:39 AM

What a blessing you have been given! Thank you for reminding me how precious and short life really is. God Bless.

Add a comment


Comment: 250 Characters Left

WEEK News 25 and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.